Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Matthew Rodriguez's Additional Assignment 2



If students have interest, then education happens.


This was a cool video. I must say that it was very cool how the kids taught themselves English and learned how to use the Internet without even being shown. But really, this doesn't surprise me one bit. A kids mind is like a sponge and is able to soak up any and everything you put in front of it. I think a more interesting experiment would be to see if an adult could do this instead of a child. It would be worth it in my opinion, to see if you "really can't teach a old dog new tricks".

By providing these kids with a computer and giving them Internet access, Mr. Mitra, was enabling them to learn whatever their minds could imagine. During my time in school, I have come to realize the best way for me to learn is to teach it to myself. For some reason if a teacher explains a math problem to me my mind goes blank. I just wait for them to give me my homework, go home, open my book and laptop and teach it to myself. Basically, I'm like that in just about every class. Teachers today, especially here at South, try to overcomplicate problems and I'm sitting there listening to them explain this elaborate way of reaching the goal while I'm sitting there thinking wouldn't it be easier to just say this instead of this. It would save them some breath and keep us from drifting into the black nothingness that is sleep.


FYI IDK HOW THE TIME WILL WORK: I POSTED THIS AROUND 9 AND JUST REEDITED IT NOW AT 2:32 A.M. BUT IT WAS COMPLETED BEFORE 12 JUST IN CASE THE TIME DOESN'T SHOW IT

No comments:

Post a Comment